Making breakfast before work does not have to be harder than walking the dog.
In fact, you can easily whip together a healthy, plant-based smoothie in under 10 minutes. It just takes fresh produce, milk or water and a powerful blender.
This recipe is packed full of cruciferous greens (which are shown to protect you from cancer) and fresh fruit (which are known to make you smile). It tastes creamy and dreamy and will give you the energy to start your day.
I like to keep mine on the thick side, so I can a use a spoon to scoop up each bite. If you prefer your smoothies thinner, just add more liquid to the recipe.
One sip and I promise you’ll be convinced.
- 1 cup greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 heaping cup kale, chopped
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 medium apple, ¼” dice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- honey to taste
- 2 tablespoons granola (optional)
- Place every ingredient, except for granola and honey, into a high speed blender and blend until smooth, using a spatula to scrape the sides as you go.
- Taste for the sweetness of the smoothie. If you’d like it sweeter, add honey to taste. Blend again until smooth.
- Pour into one large glass or two glasses and garnish with granola if using. Drink immediately.